1, from the material perspective
The shock absorbers are mainly hydraulic and pneumatic, and the other is a variable damping shock absorber.
2, from the perspective of structure
According to its structure, the shock absorber is divided into a single cylinder and a double cylinder. Can also be further divided into:
(1) single cylinder pressure damper;
(2) Double cylinder hydraulic shock absorber;
(3) Double cylinder oil and gas shock absorbers.
The shock absorber is used to suppress the shock when the spring rebounds after shock absorption and the impact from the road surface. Widely used in automobiles to accelerate the vibration of the frame and body to improve the ride comfort of the car. While passing through an uneven road surface, although the shock absorbing spring can filter the vibration of the road surface, the spring itself has a reciprocating motion, and the shock absorber is used to suppress the spring jump.
Use the following methods to verify that the shock absorber is working well:
1. After the car is driven for 10km on the road with poor road conditions, stop and touch the shock absorber casing. If it is not hot enough, there is no resistance inside the shock absorber, and the shock absorber does not work. At this time, the appropriate lubricating oil can be added, and then the test is carried out. If the outer casing is heated, the inside of the shock absorber is lacking in oil, and sufficient oil should be added, otherwise the shock absorber is invalid.
2. Press the bumper firmly and release it. If the car has 2~3 jumps, the shock absorber works well.
3. When the car is driving slowly and braking urgently, if the car vibration is severe, it indicates that the shock absorber has a problem.
4. Remove the shock absorber and erect it, and clamp the lower end connecting ring on the vise. Pull the damping rod several times. At this time, there should be stable resistance. The resistance to pull up should be greater than when pressing down. Resistance, such as unstable resistance or no resistance, may be due to lack of oil inside the shock absorber or damage to the valve parts. Repair or replacement of parts should be performed.
After confirming that there is a problem or failure of the shock absorber, first check the shock absorber for oil leakage or traces of old oil leakage.